When adding an Exchange Online/Office 365 email account to an iPhone, be sure to review the account settings for your contacts and calendars. By default, the iPhone will save new contacts and calendar items to your iCloud account. Unless you’ve fully embraced the Apple ecosystem, you most likely will want to save these new items in your Exchange Online/Office 365 mailbox. Here’s how:
- Settings –> Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Scroll down to the Contacts section and press Default Account
- Select your Exchange Online/Office 365 account from the list.
- Press the back arrow in the upper left-hand corner of your screen.
- Scroll down to the Calendars section.
- Press Default Calendar.
- Select the calendar in your Exchange Online/Office 365 mailbox you wish to save new calendar items. Most people just have one calendar so just select Calendar under your mailbox.